From the union between companies born in the middle of the digital age and digital native operators able to design and offer highly innovative services and quality user experience, we assist every day with the birth of new opportunities to do business.
The process of digital transformation brings with it doubts and uncertainties. Next to many companies that have been working in this direction for years, there are many projects that have not given the desired results. The reasons for these failures are that many organizations have a vague idea of what digital transformation actually is, and that’s why they don’t always exploit it to their advantage.
A definition of digital transformation
The expression digital transformation identifies a series of organizational, technological, cultural, social, creative, and managerial changes associated with digital technology applications.
It is necessary to remember that the use of digital tools and technologies requires changes within the different working processes capable of encouraging the evolution of personnel and combating the resistance of everyone to change.
With the digital transformation process, automation is introduced, new services and products are developed and, at the same time, the staff is trained in the development of new skills. Within the companies, it becomes therefore fundamental to have a figure able to guide all the resources, define the necessary competencies to the plan and calculate the impact that the same will have on the entire business.
How to find the right approach for a successful digital transformation
A successful digitization strategy must first design implementations that improve the business without compromising data security. Moreover, the strategy to be truly effective must be:
- FEASIBLE: with a quick ROI to ensure that the optimization process is continuous and constant.
- SECURE: it must never put at risk data that must therefore be encrypted (fundamental also for the purposes of Privacy).
- SCALABLE: able to offer developers platforms that allow them to integrate business services in a short time and create value based on information.
- ADAPTABLE: with the disappearance of all the elements that make business processes rigid and the new technological equipment, companies must be able to innovate continuously.
- EFFICIENT: must provide new platforms, technologies, and skills to speed up all business processes.
- ANALYTICAL: it must allow in-depth analysis to have at any time an overview of its activities to seize at the right time the new opportunities that arise and offer new products and services, reduce costs, and, of course, innovate.
Unfortunately, for every company, there are several obstacles and unforeseen events that, if not properly managed, could compromise the outcome of the entire digital transformation process. These include scalable solutions, lack of in-house expertise, systems that are too complex to manage, lack of a single platform, low budgets, and much more.
How to change mentality, strategy, and culture in the company
For the development of a new mindset and culture in the company and, consequently, for the success of the digital transformation process is necessary:
- understand how technology can improve the work and productivity of human resources in the company and what skills and capabilities are needed.
- define clear business objectives.
- understanding what must be the change from which to start the whole process of digitalization.
- Always remember that digital transformation never stops.
This basically means developing a new flexible, dynamic, and adaptive culture. To do this you can choose to rely on the experience and skills of arimas, contact us now to learn more!