What is TSCM?
Technical Surveillance Countermeasure (TSCM) is a research conducted by specialists to discover electronic interceptions, GPS tracking and/or data theft. The final goal of such operations is to ensure personal privacy, protect sensitive information and maintain the intellectual property. This concept has been expanded to include proactive identification of spy vulnerabilities and information security when conducted in an enterprise environment.
Physical Security Assessment
The Physical Security Assessment is a verification activity aimed at determining the overall security level of the company to protect assets and people, data confidentiality, conversations, and communications. The main goal is to detect the widespread security vulnerabilities of a company before any malicious subjects can discover and exploit them.
Identifying these weak points makes it possible to implement adequate mitigation measures to strengthen general security by protecting the company’s business. The operations are divided into 2 different phases:
- A verification phase is aimed at detecting inside and outside the company vulnerabilities present in security systems, systems, and access procedures and in the computer network.
- A development phase deals with the development of strategies for the resolution of emerging problems.
Advantages of TSCM inspections
TSCM inspections are referred to by generic names such as bug sweep or debug. The main advantages of such activities are:
- Protection of privacy and security of personal data.
Advantages for the organizations:
- Increase in profitability.
- Protection of intellectual property.
- Vulnerability or bug detection.
- Knowledge of office technology hacking vulnerabilities and what to do about them.
- Assessment of current security measures and policies.
- Documented compliance with privacy laws.
arimas imports and distributes the security tools of Berkeley Varitronics Systems (BVS), a company that designs and manufactures wireless security products for TSCM specialists and government organizations, for the wireless security management of secure facilities.