Customer requires, a quotation for an Indoor Positioning System (IPS) which will trace spatially and temporally all PEEK BOAT & POD used throughout clean room process.
We aims to provide consulting support and technical assistance over all the activities covered in the project and described as follow. Working closely with customer’s staff, sharing the design choices and providing all the knowledge of its employees involved, we provides as well a Project Management Support.
Our proposal is to place an active, TAG on all Peek Boat and/or Pod. Tags send regular, short bursts containing location, status and condition information. Using the custom software from workstations or mobile devices, workers and supervisors search for needed parts and visualize their locations on a facility map, naturally all depending by Security Levels that will be defined.
This automated process can cut average search time to less than 1 minute and provides instant update on manufacturing line progress.
Basic idea is to build up a “Sensors Network” able to manage all information coming from any Tag installed into Peek Boat and/or Pod.
With Impulse Radio UWB Technology there is the ability to precisely measure the time of flight of the radio signal from transmitter to receiver that means there will be a very accurate distance measurements (range & precision) – orders of magnitude more precise than other systems.
Due to these, we decide to use an Ultra-Wide-Band Technology to propose our solution.
This positioning offer has patent-pending platform solutions for applications where high-precision RTLS is needed.
System include all of the key components, from infrastructure hardware to advanced localization engines, system management tools, and 3D visualization software.
Combining solid engineering, advanced algorithms and efficient protocols, our system delivers very high location accuracy, reliability and configurability. Reliable hardware, easy installation, and low maintenance ensure minimum overall system cost.
Why choose Ultra-Wide Band (IR-UWB)
With Impulse Radio UWB Technologythere is the ability to precisely measure the time of flight of the radio signal from transmitter to receiver that means there will be a very accurate distance measurements (range & precision) – orders of magnitude more precise than other systems.
The UWB allows Direct Path to be identified even if it is severely attenuated relative to other indirect paths.
- Location precision: locating of tagged items to within 10cm indoors, even while moving at speed;
- Density: Supports the accurate location of up to 11,000 items to such precision in a 20 meter radius
- Communicates over ranges of up to 300 m LOS* (at 110 kbps, 850 kbps and 6.8 Mbps)
– LOS approx. 300m, NLOS 30m, allowing it to be deployed in WLAN APs –
- Low power: any TAG can operate for several years from a small battery depending on the mode of operation;
- Low cost: Small package size and competitive pricing;
- Operates using up to 12 times lower energy in transmit & 7 times lower energy in receive than competing narrowband solutions
- Can identify up to 11,000 items within a 20 meter radius
- Very high immunity to multi path fading, allowing easy installation for end user
- Avoids spectral crowding of the ISM bands (Wi-Fi etc) since UWB does not operate in these bands so no interference with Wi-Fi installations
*Line- Of-Sight (LOS): electro-magnetic waves travelling in a straight line