IoT: a growing “Noise”
The Internet Of Things, or as commonly recognized IoT, is becoming a growing noise. Year by year the IoT is increasingly popularity worldwide and it is starting to impact any future becoming business.
Basically, the meaning of IoT is just an interaction with any machine, or sensor, with a given Ip address. In this way, the device will become an object to communicate and work remotely without needs of dedicated P2P connection. In fact, using Internet any of this will become a part of the cloud.
Of course, till now, no-one still used such possible architecture and this is going to create different business and different environment
When IoT will become a reality for all of US?
Many companies are talking about IoT and Big-Data, but till now there’s no a real impact in our life. The IoT associates the Internet functionalities to the everyday objects.
Any devices, or sensor, will be increasingly complex and will bring to our attention high quantity of info coming from the dense network of domestic sensors.
Any environments that require control, automation and detection will have a dedicated sensor network that will be able to communicate within them and with us.
Anythings will become SMART!
- Smart Parking: Monitoring of parking spaces availability in the city
- Structural health: Monitoring of vibrations and material conditions in buildings, bridges and historical monuments
- Noise Urban Maps: Sound monitoring in bar areas and centric zones in real time
- Smartphone Detection: Detect iPhone and Android devices and in general any device which works with WiFi or Bluetooth interfaces
- Electromagnetic Field Levels: Measurement of the energy radiated by cell stations and and WiFi routers
- Traffic Congestion: Monitoring of vehicles and pedestrian levels to optimize driving and walking routes
- Smart Lighting: Intelligent and weather adaptive lighting in street lights
- Smart Temperature Controllers: Intelligent and weather adaptive temperature in any house or building
- Waste Management: Detection of rubbish levels in containers to optimize the trash collection routes
- Smart Roads: Intelligent Highways with warning messages and diversions according to climate conditions and unexpected events like accidents or traffic jams
- Smart meters: Read our Article
Mobile World Congress 2017
The focus of the Mobile World Congress, which opened today in Barcelona, is pointed in the edition 2017 on technologies intended in the future, to move the market.
So, while on one hand the segment of smartphones is getting closer to saturation, there are a number of technologies that will give a major boost to the business, starting from the Internet of Things, applied to industry or to the smart city, for go through the artificial intelligence, machine to machine (M2M), and so on…
Smartphone still remains the center of attention at the annual event organized by GSMA, but by focusing the spotlight on new and innovative ways to use it. A perspective that will be enabled, throwing the eye to the future, especially by the new 5G standard that is being tested, and in which the operators will show the most advanced solutions.
The 2017 edition of the MWC will put particular attention to All Main driver of the Development Sector into 5G direction, starting from Technology vendors, Nokia, Ericsson & Huawei, till arrive to new Smart Company that build their business especially for NB-IoT of 5G.
Now seems to be the time to start with the real SMART WORLD!
Let’s do it!